Thursday, May 2, 2013

Names are hard

When my I was pregnant with my daughter, we had her name picked out before we even knew whether we were having a boy or girl.

When I was pregnant with my son, we bickered and quarreled over names until about the 7 1/2 month mark.

There's so much in a name. It's a reflection of who we are, an embodiment of our souls and our spirits.

It's for these same reasons that I'm struggling to come up with a new name for my blog. The current name, Grab the Ring, just doesn't speak to me anymore. It's not a reflection of my purpose or my spirit. Problem is, all the names I'm coming up with that I feel do reflect my new focus and purpose are already taken. Grumble.

I want this blog to be about all my different journeys - as a parent, as a spouse, as a spiritual person, as a woman, as a writer, as a creative, etc. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

2 comments:

  1. Names are hard. I am not a fan of our blog name, I mean come on The Bradley Family Blog? All the good names we came up with though were taken. I do like the name of the personal blog I don't use any more though. What about something with paths? to days to come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are hard. And, of course, I came up with the PERFECT name last night while rocking Little Man back to sleep. And then promptly forgot it the second I left his room. So annoying. Thanks for the suggestions! I'm prayign on it and will see what I come up with. :)

      Delete