Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Miracles Do Happen

I've been witness to at least one miracle in my life; last night, I watched another unfold. The escape of Amanda Berry and the rescue of Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight is a story that shines light on the goodness of people (like Charles Ramsey) and the greatness of God in keeping these women alive and healthy. Thousands of prayers were answered last night. And hope resurged for the countless others in our world whose children have been missing.

In the days and weeks to come, I have no doubt that horrific details will emerge about the experiences these three women went through in that house.

But today, I thank God for this piece of wonderful and uplifting news. I lift these women, their families, and the little girl that Amanda Berry bore during her captivity up in prayer.

I hugged my daughter a bit longer and a bit tighter this morning. (And my son, too.) The people in our lives are the most precious gifts we'll ever be given.

No comments:

Post a Comment