Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Blessings of Family

My apologies for my extended absences of late. I've been taking a bit of a hiatus from regular updates because my mom is visiting from out of town.

You see, I'm a Northeast Ohio transplant. I came here for college, but had no family or other close ties to the state. My father was active duty military my entire childhood and, when he retired, my parents moved to the Puget Sound area of Washington. It's a gorgeous place to visit, but it means that I generally don't see my parents very often.

Momma w/Little Man

But my mom is retired now, which means that she now has the time to enjoy extended stays with us. Since Little Man was born, this has been a wonderful blessing. She came out before he was born to help us get ready and to be with Little Girl when Hot Hubby and I had to go to the hospital for Little Man's arrival. She stayed for some of my maternity leave before heading home.

And now she's back to help watch Little Man during the days when I'm at work. This is a tremendous blessing because infant child care is absurdly expensive! Plus, this is precious time for her, too, getting to know her grandchildren better.

My momma is one of my best friends, so I'm soaking up as much time with her as I can. This means, unfortunately, that I'm not updating as frequently. But don't despair - I'm still planning posts and do intend to update, just probably only every couple of weeks for the next two months. You all understand, right?

In the spirit of welcoming out-of-towners to our fabulous city, what sights do you think I should take my mom to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment