Monday, April 30, 2012

I sure needed this today... do you?

I love when the universe reminds me there's something bigger and better and greater out there watching over me.

You see, today got off to a really rough start. Like, really rough. Like the kind where I got to work, closed my blinds and my office door and just cried for five minutes. I was feeling unhappy, unappreciated, and disengaged. In a nutshell, I was feeling very negatively about myself.

Then I checked my Reader feed and saw this waiting for me:


It was from a blog post by Goddess Leonie, who I've recently discovered and who has been helping me keep myself focused on the positive and all the wonderful gifts I have to offer to my family, friends, co-workers and the world.

I was most definitely feeling NOT AT ALL awesome this morning. But I'm feeling slightly more awesome now - all it took was the universe reminding me, via the Goddess community.

The blog post challenged me to list all the ways that I'm awesome. I only have time right now to list a few, but it's done wonders for my mood already. Here are some of the ways that I am awesome:
  1. I always try my very hardest to be a kind, loving, and supportive momma, wife, daughter, and friend.
  2. I love cooking for my family - the joy of pulling together separate ingredients into a delicious meal that nurtures my family.
  3. I try every day to make sure I'm a better person today than I was yesterday.
I am awesome, even when I don't feel like I am. And you are awesome, too. WE ARE AWESOME. We just need reminding sometimes.

It's your turn now - list some of the ways that you are awesome. I promise your day will look brighter and your soul will feel lighter.

Make today a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment