Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hello, 2012! Get ready for a great year!

Hello, 2012! And hello, blogging world! I've created this blog because, during a sleepless night recently, I resolved that 2012 is going to be the year I stop talking myself out of things. You see, I just had my second child and my life is not what I envisioned it would be at this stage of my life.

Don't get me wrong, my life is great. I have a my health and my family's health, a loving husband, two great kids, and a job that I enjoy most of the time. But I want to be a stay-at-home-mom (at least part-time) and I've long been suppressing my creative side.

Earlier this week, after my son's 2:00 a.m. feeding, I couldn't get back to sleep. I mean, I REALLY couldn't get back to sleep. My mind wouldn't stop and I was awake for the next six hours with all these varied and lofty and creative ideas swirling in my mind. In the past, I'd think to myself "That would be cool" and then go to sleep and never do anything with or about my ideas.

But something was different this time. I found myself writing my ideas down, and one idea would lead to two more. First an idea for an e-book, then an idea for a sewing project to create, then an idea for three cross-stitch patterns. Then an idea for an etsy store name. This was so unlike me, but I found myself feeling excited about the possibilities of finally saying "YES!" to the ideas that I have and doing all I can to make them a reality.

With that introduction, you're probably asking, "Okay, great, but what's this blog going to be about?" To be honest, I haven't completely decided yet. I know I'll be sharing ideas as they come to me, and I'll be blogging about my goals and steps I'm taking to reach them. I'll probably also seek advice from time to time. And, maybe, if I'm really blessed and lucky, I'll inspire someone else to stop talking themselves out of pursuing the things in life that truly engage and excite them.

I'm resolved to make 2012 my best year ever! Who's with me?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Heather. I am so proud of you. You are going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Here's hoping I can stick with everything once I'm back at work. *fingers crossed!*

      Delete