Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm Back!

As I wrote in my last post from oh-so-long-ago, I'd made the freeing decision of being okay with the
Like a phoenix, from the ashes I rise! (Artwork credit)
realization that the time was not right for me yet to start my own business venture. At the time, I intended to keep writing here about other things. But I found that, in accepting the freedom to walk away from my business plan, I also accepted the freedom to focus only on myself and my family for a while. And it's a good thing I did. I've needed this time; adjusting to life as a family of four has been a much bigger task than I expected.

But I've been reading a lot lately, both blogs and books, and I find myself with twitching fingers and an active mind with things to say. This isn't the first time this has happened in the last year, but I've kept myself from blogging out of a concern that my random thoughts and posts would cause my blog to have an "inconsistent voice". (Apparently, one thing I've read too much of is advice about how to be a "successful blogger".)

But I need an outlet for my voice, a place to share my thoughts and ideas and to engage in discussion and dialogue with others. So here I am again, in my little corner of the blogosphere, to share my thoughts, dreams, ideas, and opinions.

I don't really know what I'll be blogging about, but it's sure to contain a fair amount of thought and reflection on parenting while being a working mom, the journey to a healthy lifestyle and finding inner peace with my body image, the road to financial freedom and independence, pursuing my creative dreams and goals, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

To that end, I've also decided that "Grabbing the Brass Ring" is not reflective of my new purpose for being here. I welcome any and all suggestions for a new name for my blog. And I promise that I'll see you all again, sooner rather than later!

1 comment: